User Guide: Creating a Discount Code
A Discount Code is made up of three main parts:
- The code (alphanumeric string) customers enter at checkout
- The benefit they receive
- Criteria that must be met in order to get the benefit
- Open the Discounts tab and click the Add a new discount button
- Enter a name for the campaign, along with the actual code you want customers to use, plus start and end dates if you want to restrict the campaign to a particular time
- Click the Benefit tab and choose between fixed value or percentage discount. Free shipping can be used with either of these, or on its own with no discount.
- Define the criteria for this Discount. If no criteria are entered the code will be valid for all orders regardless of value.